Hobart has a number of beautiful rivers within an hours drive - the Huon, Derwent and Picton Rivers. We will pick the best river for a full day of winter rafting.
You can expect superb scenery, excellent company and laughs aplenty as we take on up to Class III Rapids. Be prepared to embrace the exhilarating chill of Tasmania's winter with a full day of white water rafting.
- Raft a classic Tasmanian river
- Get outside and active during the Tasmanian winter
- Experience Class III Rapids
- Spy platypus and other animals
- Enjoy beautiful Tasmanian river scenery
- A full day white water rafting experience
- Trained and qualified guides
- Comprehensive commentary on the natural and human history of the area
- All the requisite rafting and safety gear, including wetsuit, helmet and lifejacket
- River snacks of sweets and nuts and water
- Transport to and from the river from Hobart
- Use of waterproof cameras to take photos of your rafting experience (Take these memories with you: purchase a King River Rafting USB drive with all your photos for $25)
- Review the days photos on the return trip on our bus' TV
- Visits to local attractions, depending on time & place
Suitable for: families with children.
Cost: Adults $160, Children $90 (10 - 15 yrs)
Start time: 9am
End time: Approx. 5pm
Duration: 8 hours
Start & end location: Tourist Information Centre, 20 Davey Street Hobart
Minimum group of 4, maximum 30.
Operates by arrangement.